People Express are proud to be an Artsmark Partner, Arts Award Centre and Supporter.
Artsmark is the nationally recognised mark of excellence and creative quality standard for schools, accredited by Arts Council England. We are part of the Artsmark Partnership Programme which is an endorsed network of arts and cultural organisations that can support education settings on their Artsmark journey to embed arts and culture across the curriculum.
Find out more about our experience being an Artsmark Partner in our blog ‘Creativity is in all of us’
People Express can offer schools the following:
- access to high quality, participatory artists and companies (including diverse artists)
- creative CPD training for teacher delivered by trained artists
- deliver Arts Award at all five levels (Discover, Explore, Bronze, Silver and Gold)
- personal progression opportunities for children and young people
- community projects/ events that children and young people can access
- signpost to creative opportunities locally and regionally for your school
- free use of our community space at our accessible base in Swadlincote town centre
- professional in-house skills such as project management, evaluation and fundraising
- help/ support to raise funds for creative projects at school
- regular newsletter sent out with information about upcoming events, projects and opportunities
- specialised projects for children and young people in the community (e.g. Festivals, volunteering, etc)
- talk and visits in school about career progression in the arts
- signpost to Cultural Education Partnership
- evaluate/ feedback on your case study from an ‘outside’ view
See what some of our Artsmark Schools say about working with us during Artsmark Celebration Week
For more information about how we can support your school on your Artsmark journey, please contact Kalila on email@example.com
Arts Award Supporter
People Express are delighted to announce its new Arts Award Supporter offer.
Arts Award is a nationally recognised qualification that supports young people from 5 to 25 to develop as artists and arts leaders. We are an Arts Award Delivery Centre offering all five levels of the Award.
Arts Award is managed by Trinity College London in association with Arts Council England and is offered at five levels – Discover, Explore, Bronze, Silver and Gold. At all levels, young people have the opportunity to directly engage with the world of arts and to develop their own artistic, leadership and communication skills.
To find out more about Arts Award visit the official website at www.artsaward.org.uk
As a Supporter Centre, we can offer different ways to help young people to achieve all elements of their Arts Award.
- in our FREE, open festivals and events
- join us for work experience
- volunteering opportunities
- become one of our Young Producers
- shadowing staff team
- interview with our Director
- gain understanding of how the Board works
Access to Artists
- interview our artists
- shadow artists as they work
- expertise advice
- signpost/links with other arts organisations
The Business Side
- learn more about our marketing (website, social media)
- find out about how finances work
- how to raise money for projects-fundraising
- access to our specialist equipment/software and materials
- FREE room hire/ use of space